Thursday, June 5, 2008

Been a long time...

Wow, its been awhile since I updated. Not because there was nothing going on, but because there is too much! I have been very busy with my AAMI classes. Since I last wrote, here's what happened:

~I got completely enrolled and was sent the Phase 1 assignments.
~I was offered their Introduction to Midwifery class for a steal, so I took it.
~I spent six months completing ITM (its a LOT of work!) and sent it in at the end of May. It is a great course. If birth or midwifery is something you are even remotely interested in, I recommend you take this course.
~I was also doing the Phase 1 assignments and I sent in my request to be sent Phase 2 on the same day I sent in my ITM assignments. Woohoo!
~I received my Phase 2 assignments and information yesterday and have been getting organised and ready to start! I'm so excited to be getting to the next step.

I'd love to give more detailed information, but I don't want to violate any copyrights or other such stuff. AAMI is a touch paranoid about having non-students get access to the course material. Of course, if I poured my heart and soul into something and people were stealing my work, I'd be paranoid about it too! So I understand their concern.

I'm also thinking more and more about an apprenticeship, even though it really isn't feasible right now. I REALLY want to start apprenticing! One of these days, I'd also like to take an internship trip somewhere that I can get experience in a higher-volume birth center. A friend of mine is getting ready to go to the Philipines on a trip like this in a few weeks. I just hope she blogs it so I can live vicariously!

At any rate, I am loving my classes, and I am learning more than I would have expected by this point. I'm busy, busy, busy working on all the assignments, but it feels like "me time" instead of work. Hopefully I'll remember to update again sooner than six months.

1 comment:

Tami of BrooksGroth said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading ... well, really just yours, lol. I love the update post as I can hear your excitement ... it's enough to make me double-think my decision to not pursue midwifery at this point in my life ... you sound excited and inspired and I LOVE THAT. Keep up the Great work! :-)